Current 2012 year total of bird species:

211 (most recent addition: Dickcissel, June 2 2012)

Life bird total:

470 (most recent edition: Black Rail, June 2 2012)

2012 Black Bear count:

32

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I wish I had to go to the dentist more often..

I have a great dentist, but he is over 2 hours away in Fredericksburg, Va.  I love going to the dentist!  Afterwards I get to go birding over in that area, which always yields some birds that are not around/rare in this part of the state.  A trip to the dentist got me my life Greater White-fronted Goose and # 368 for my Junior Big Year last year.

Yesterday my trip to the dentist yielded a wonderful day of birding with a day list of 79 species.  The highlight was a Black Tern, a rare visitor to Virginia.  It had been reported by other birders and my dad and I stopped off to see it on the way back from the dentist.  Other good birds for yesterday included Yellow-breasted Chat (I had heard it before but yesterday was the first time I saw it), Ospreys, and more.

Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment